Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wilmington: Coming Together at a Challenging Time

Tuesday, I had the honor of speaking at a dinner in Wilmington. Among others, I met the Mayor, David Raizk, who has been such a force of resiliency and persistence in helping his City and region cope with as serious an economic challenge as any town in this Country.

As I shared with the guests, my hope is that Wilmington will not just be seen as "ground zero" of our nation's economic troubles. As it copes with the crisis by coming together, taking care of its impacted citizens, and envisioning and realizing a new economic future, my hope is that it will ultimately be seen as a model of how communities can find opportunity out of even the greatest of challenges.

No comments:

Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation